With the Royal wedding fast approaching and wedding fever gripping the nation, here we take a look at some top tips to consider when choosing your menu.
1. Season: Think about the season and whether you can incorporate this into your food. Picking seasonal dishes means the ingredients are at their best and tastiest. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have chosen their wedding cake flavour (lemon and elderflower) to bring a touch of Spring to their wedding.
2. Canapes: Keep guests going after the wedding service with some delicate canapes. Put a twist on the classic and introduce your favourite comfort food for some tasty appetisers. Mini burgers or tacos make for a fun option. Or create your ultimate pizza with all your favourite toppings served in bite size dainty squares. Get inspired and view the canapes we at Buffets by Design have to offer.
3. Dinner is served: Again, add that individual touch to the food you choose. Work closely with your venue and your caterers to ensure that the menu is tailored for you. Think about your all-time favourite dishes or spices and develop a theme around that – after all chilli is not only for savoury dishes it can be a subtle addition to a chocolate dessert too!
4. Celebratory drinks: Don’t stop at the traditional champagne and prosecco. What about a signature drink on arrival? Having bar staff creatively mixing ingredients together is always fun to watch – you might even be able to give a hand!
5. Include everyone: When creating the menu have a list of allergies or dietary requirements that your guests may have. See what dishes can be altered to cater for all.
And for dessert…
It’s all about originality. Make sure your wedding stands outs by having unique desserts. Follow suit with the royal couple who aren’t choosing the traditional fruitcake but opting for lemon and elderflower.
Decorate with multicolours or create a tiered cake formed of different flavours. Incorporate your favourite carrot cake with your Grandma’s secret recipe chocolate cake and cling to tradition with a fruitcake for a three-tiered taste extravaganza.
Alternatively, you can create a buffet packed full of mini desserts so everyone can have a feast. Pick anything from profiteroles with cream and chocolate sauce, lemon pie or vanilla cheesecake! The options are endless and the choice is yours.
Contact Buffets by Design to discuss ideas and we’ll tailor a menu for you.